Monday 7 December 2009

Codes and Conventios of a Print Advert

Because our documentary is to be broadcasted on Channel 4, this website is were I used my research for my poster.








Looking at these images, I can see that the Channel 4 logo is placed in the centre on the far right. There is one main image and the writing is in a box which also makes it look like it is highlighted. These posters display a tagline for example "The Man Who Saw it All", the title, date and time.


Making the Print Advert


This was the rough initial plan in which we based our print advert on.





To create 'poison-like' drops we had to mix golden syrup with red food dye.


We used a teaspoon to raise the end to give the syrup a 'drop' look.


I then printed out a piece of paper with the number 7 on with three x's over it. To give it an old look, I scrunched it up, patted it with a teabag, put it under a blowdryer and ripped some of the sides.


This sign was to go over the green bottle which i would edit to make it look like that is were the drops are coming from.



I then photoshopped around the 'drop' and bottle using Photoshop. I did this by using the magic wand tool and 'Lasoo' tool.


I then copied the 'drop' and edited them to look like different types. As well as this, by using the 'eyedropper' tool I was able to copy the exact colour from the drops and use this for the outline for the Channel 4 logo. To do this, all the images had to be placed on a transparent background and then the layers were 'merged visible' so that they could all be copied onto a 'white' background so that I was then able to change the colour of the background.

I played around with the background for a while seeing if different colours looked better. I decided red was the best option, but thought it looked slightly plain. I therefore used the gradient tool to make the black background on the left fade into red horizontally.


No comments:

Post a Comment